Friday, January 25, 2013

I'm a Thief!

I want to unashamedly steal the tagline used by the Southern Baptist Seminary in Louisville.  Having been a student there, I am familiar many times over with these words:  For the truth, for the church, for the world, for the glory of God.  

How simple, and yet how spot-on!  I desire that Crossway Church have this same mindset.  We exist for the sake of the truth, for the sake of the church that Christ loves, for the sake of a world in desperate need of Christ, and ultimately for the glory of God.  Notice the bookends on this tagline.  Without truth at the front-end, we immediately go astray.  Without the glory of God as our fuel and goal, we aim for something far too little.  

2 comments:

  1. I would suggest adding "in love" at the end of that tagline. For without love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to meet you and your family, Chris!

    ReplyDelete